Sounds familiar, right ? Gone are the days when people used to tell their salaries as 16400 – 750- 19000 , and what they actually use to get was much more. These days, you may flaunt your CTC (Cost to the company) as your salary but what you get is much less and well known to your wife and the neighbourhood friendly bank which has given you a Home Loan and a Credit Card.
I was trying to guage what Venkat Balsubbu thinks about this whole CTC issue. “What the hell, what’s this CTC issue and what’s your pyramid thing , it’s all trash. I don’t believe this, my beloved employer provides me much more than this, I actually believe there is fortune at the bottom of this CTC Pyramid” says Balsubbu
Seeing a bewildered me, he paused to explain. Your salary is not just what gets credited in your account, there are numerous perks which people don’t tell.
A few of them include:
· Those free sips of tea and coffee, ( Many of us depend on office for our entire caffeine requirement, don’t we?).
· Devouring those free lunches, (one can’t resist free lunches even when on a strictest of diets!)
· A few ( rather i must say many ) personal calls ,here and there, that we sneak in from the office phone (now, don’t tell me you are not one of those!).
· Colour printouts you take every week for your kids’ homework . Some of us even print our CVs for Job Applications in office.
· All the personal surfing and emails to our friends.
· Amount of free GPRS bandwidth you consume on Facebook , Twitter and Orkut on your BlackBerry.
· Some take PostIt , StaplerPins and even writing pads home.
· How can we forget numerous official visits to distant towns , planned so that you can attend your relative’s marriage and bring your wife and kids back from their summer vacation.
Last and not the least , most of us get paid believing we’ll work for 7-8 hrs a day .
Keep your hand on the heart and tell me , how many days a year you actually work 7 hrs a day !
Saying this Venkat walked away to collect color printout of Hannah Montana for his daughter.