I am not at all an expert in travelling or vacationing, but when everyone else is busy giving ‘gyan’ then why not me.
Holiday / Vacation – Time away from normal employment or education called as vacation when (usually) spent away from home or in travelling.
|Tea Gardens - Munnar|
Most of us take vacation, reasons may be different though:
- Break from Job, Boss or both.
- Succumbing to family pressure – vacation demand.
- Love for travelling or nature.
- Claiming LTA ( Indian govt. Sector would understand this)
- Just because your neighbor, friend or colleague keep boasting about their vacation.
- Your brother in law from US gifted you a Nikon D 40.
- Fed up of watching others’ vacation pics on Facebook.
- To avoid wife's home cooked food.
You may have other reasons for taking a vacation, but do take a vacation once a while, other than giving you a break it also gives your maid some rest. Well, if you are thinking that I'll give you some tips on vacationing with your maid - stay away, one guy just lost his job because of a maid.
As I said I am going to give some gyan on Dos n Donts about vacationing, here I begin.
- Don’t plan too much, it’ll hardly work.
- Travel Lite, no point in carrying that new dress where no-one knows you.
- Never ever carry a checklist of the “sites / points” to cover, take it easy.
- No need to stretch yourself to visit one more site – “Now that we have come so far, let’s see that 'Sunset point' also”.
- Enjoy the local food – Why the hell you would like to have Paneer butter masala and rajma chawal in Kerala?
- Your Camera is to capture what you like, but first enjoy the view. There’s nothing better than capturing the beauty in your own memory through the twin lenses called eyes.
- Forget Facebook and Twitter, updates can happen later - soak in the moment.
- Trust local people, your driver, waiter, guide - everyone’s not a thug.
- Treat waiters with respect, you have bought the food only not the restaurant or the waiter.
- Don’t feel guilty just because you spend the day sleeping, you’ve come to relax, unwind and enjoy.
- Avoid blackberry, iphone – your office can run without you.
- Take it easy, there's always a next time.