If you work with any organization which has more than 2 people, and where they give you free coffee, in all likelihood you would have attended An Office Party. For many middle class employees (read Asst Vice President and below) , office parties are nothing but a wild card entry to the free booze and food.
- Completion of a project without any major (known) goof-up.
- HR telling managers that informal gatherings help increase team morale.
- Finance realizing that there’s still some budget left and year is about to end.
- Achievement of sales targets without counting sale-returns.
- Getting an award from a News Channel or a Print Media where you’re the biggest advertiser.
- Manager’s wife and kids are out of town and cook is not coming.
As if this was not enough, they also find it difficult to enjoy manager’s jokes. So what if it’s lame, no harm in giggling though. When the happy-go-lucky are contemplating should it be another tequila, scotch or beer, these guys are found with their plates stuffed with that butter paneer, naan and daal makhani.